- What types of personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- With whom do we share your personal information?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- What are your choices and rights?
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How can you contact us?
We are part of the tapestry inc. brands which include kate spade, coach, and stuart weitzman. In this
privacy notice, we describe how we use personal information that we collect from you if you are in the u.s.
or canada and you:
- access or use our website at www.katespade.com or any other website,
application or online service that we operate which includes a link to this privacy notice;
- make a purchase or sign up in any of our kate spade stores for any of our services; or contact us for
Section 9 of this Privacy Notice below.
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Actively Submit: If you buy our products, register for an online account with us, use
the "wish list" features of our online services, sign up for updates and marketing communications from us,
participate in our sweepstakes or surveys, request specific product customizations from us, submit a product
review on our website, contact us for customer service, or otherwise interact with us via our online
services or in one of our stores, we may collect personal information about you, including the following:
- Contact Data, which may include your name, alias, username, postal address, email address and
- Order information and Account Data, which may include your contact data, payment card
information, billing address, birth day and month, gender and the details of the products or services
you have ordered, purchased or requested from us;
- Gift Registry and Wish List Data, which may include your contact data and the products or
- Giveaways or Sweepstakes Data, wwhich may include your contact data and the details of the
giveaway or sweepstakes you have voluntarily entered;
- Social Media Data, which may include your social media interactions with us (e.g., if you "like"
or "share" or "comment" on something you see on our social media platforms) and any information you
actively provide to us for social media marketing purposes. we may also use services provided by
third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites) to choose and target lookalike
audiences on such platforms and to create own advertisements, and we may provide a hashed version of
your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes, and
- Correspondence Data, which you voluntarily provide to us when booking an appointment or sign up
for an event at one of our stores, making inquiries to customer care, comments on our social media,
product reviews on our site, survey feedback, interests if you choose to participate in our clienteling
program, and any other information you actively provide to us.
Information Passively Submitted on our Online Services: When you use our online services, we collect
from or about the computer, phone or other device on which you have installed, or from which you access, our
services, and information about your usage of our online services, including the following:
- Technical Data, which includes your ip address, browser type and version, device identifier,
location and time zone
setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times, and
- Online Usage and Interaction Data, which includes the websites you visited before and after
visiting our website,
products you viewed or searched for on our online services, length of visits to certain online pages,
interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from
your interactions with our marketing emails (such as whether and when you opened an email from us, and
clicked a link in the email or forwarded the email), and your interactions with our online ads.
as pixel tags and web beacons to collect certain types of the Technical Data and Online Usage and
described above as permitted by applicable law. Cookies and similar technologies are placed on our site for
- Enable basic functioning of our website;
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content, or to
technical issues through gathering relevant technical data);
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information
or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart);
- To provide targeted advertising and monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by
interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails);
- Learn more about your preferences and internet browsing habits to provide you with tailored web-visit.
section 8 below.
We partner with Rakuten Advertising, who may collect personal information when you interact with our site.
No Children’s Information: Our online services are not intended for use by children under the age of
13. We do not
knowingly register or otherwise collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without the
verifiable consent of the child's parent or guardian.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the following categories of personal information for the following purposes:
Contact Data to communicate with you, including about products and services you have ordered, or
about our products, services, or campaigns across any of the Tapestry brands (COACH, kate spade, and
STUART WEITZMAN) that may be of interest; or when you voluntarily enter to win a contest, sweepstakes or
- Order Information and Account Data to create and manage your account on our website (for example
enable you to
access, update and save your preferences to the account); fulfill your orders, including product
- Gift Registry and Wish List Data to provide you with the "gift registry" or "wish list" features
services, which allow you to identify and save products that you are interested in.
- Social Media Data to interact with you through our social media platforms; and administer social
initiatives or social media advertising campaigns.
- Correspondence Data to respond to any specific queries when you contact customer care, to
preferences so that we can provide you with updates about our products, events, or services that may be
provide you with a more tailored shopping experience when you arrive to our stores, to administer
appointments at our stores, to administer sweepstakes and giveaways, or to improve our product offerings
customer experience based on your responses to a survey or product review.
- Technical Data and Online Usage and Interaction Data to provide, maintain, monitor, secure,
optimize our online services to and for you; provide you with customer service and technical assistance
when you use our chat function; and to generally develop and improve our products and services. we also
technical data that is automatically collected by cookies and related technologies to tailor our
understand the effectiveness of our ads and social media campaigns.
We also use your personal information for the following purposes (collectively, the "General Processing
as permitted by applicable law:
- Advertising and Marketing Activities: To provide you with marketing communications, updates on
special offers or promotions, products and services across any of the Tapestry brands (COACH, kate
spade, and STUART WEITZMAN) that we believe you may be interested in, or to administer and let you know
about our sweepstakes and giveaways. We may tailor the content of those communications based on our
understanding of your preferences. Please note that, where permitted by applicable law, we may use your
information to help all Tapestry brands provide you with surveys, create customer profiles, generate
inferences, and deliver targeted advertisements ("cross-brand marketing"). You can opt-out of
cross-brand marketing at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that you
receive or emailing email@example.com.
- Compliance with Laws: to perform activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable
provincial and other applicable laws, and to respond to requests from government authorities.
- Performance of Contracts: to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under our terms of
use or any other
agreement that you enter with us.
- Protection of Legal Interests: to protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a
complaint or dispute.
- Research and Development: to perform research and undertake surveys to understand preferences
about our products and
customer experience, to improve product design and product testing;
- Merger or Sale: in the event that we, or some or all of our assets are acquired by or merged
with a third-party
entity or in connection with a prospective of completed merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of
may transfer some or all of the personal information that we have collected about you to another
part of that transaction. if we intend to transfer your personal information in connection with such a
we may proceed with notice to you, grant you an opportunity to object, or seek your consent, as
required by applicable law.
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties as permitted by applicable
Our Tapestry brands (COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN): As described above in Section 2, we
may share your information with any Tapestry brand to generate cross-brand marketing materials
tailored to your specific interests, program memberships, and purchases. For example, if you sign up
for email marketing materials from one of our brands (e.g., COACH), we may use your information to
create similar marketing materials for another brand's products that may be of interest to you. You
can opt-out of this sharing at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our service providers and business partners: we rely on affiliated and unaffiliated companies,
contractors to assist us with the provision of tapestry services and products to you, including:
- Online payment and fraud prevention service providers when you make a purchase;
- Delivery / logistics service providers, to deliver products you have purchased;
- Customer care services
- Infrastructure and it service providers, including cloud service providers to administer our
website and your
account if you register with us;
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies to send you information about products and
services that may be
of interest to you;
- Providers of services related to some enhanced online features such as customer review or
sizing assistance when you
log in to the sizing application linked on our site;
- Advertising companies who help us provide tailored advertising and understand the effectiveness
of our ads and
traffic on our site;
- Providers of website testing / analytics services; or
- External auditors and advisers;
We provide our service providers and business partners with access to your personal information so that they
provide services to us, subject to non-disclosure agreements and other data protection safeguards. Our
providers may be located in the United States and Canada.
- Third parties permitted or required by law: in certain circumstances, we may be permitted or
required to disclose or
share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. for example, we or our
providers may be required to disclose personal information to us, canadian or other regulators,
or to judicial or administrative authorities. we may also disclose your personal information to third
disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, for law
or to enforce our contracts or protect your rights.
- Third parties connected with business transfers:we may transfer your personal information to
third parties in
connection with a prospective of completed reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or
transfer of assets
or other change in control, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information
in a manner
consistent with this privacy notice.
Please note our online services may contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates
not owned or operated by us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please review the privacy
third party websites before you submit any personal information to them. We are not responsible for any
security policies of these third party sites.
4. How Do We Protect Your Personal information?
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures intended to safeguard the personal
our custody and control. such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to
employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in
privacy notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
For example, when you place an order on www.katespade.com or www.surprise.katespade.com, we use secure
(ssl) technology, an encryption tool that provides security while transmitting information over the
also use firewall technology, password controls, and other technological and procedural safeguards in
your online interactions with us.
While we endeavor to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access,
modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the internet as an open global communications
other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our
will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
5. What are Your Choices and Rights?
- Unsubscribe. you may unsubscribe from our marketing emails. to do so, please click the
link at the
bottom of any email that you receive or email us at email@example.com. please note that if you have
requested products or services when you decide to withdraw consent, there may be a short period of time
update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request. please note that you may continue to
transactional or account-related communications from us.
- Update, Modify or Correct Your Information. we encourage you to contact us to update, modify or
personal information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about
inaccurate. we may request information from you to honor your request, such as to ensure proper
authentication or to
verify the business branch of ours to which the information was provided.
- Rights under Applicable Privacy Laws. you may have rights under applicable privacy laws,
erase certain personal information that we have about you, or restrict or object to certain activities
engage with respect to your personal information. to submit a request to exercise any such rights,
using the details in section 7 below. if you are a resident of california, please also see our
6. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change, modify, add, or remove portions of this privacy notice at any time, in which case we will
individuals with notice of such updates where required by applicable law and then upload the updated privacy
to our website www.katespade.com, www.surprise.katespade.com or any other website that we
this page periodically for changes. your continued use of our online services or any of the other services
in this privacy notice following the posting of changes to this privacy notice will be considered your
7. How Can You Contact Us?
To exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy
Notice or the data processing practices outlined herein, please contact us and/or our EU or UK
representative (as applicable) as follows:
- BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BY PHONE:
- CUSTOMER CARE: 866-999-5283
- BY POST:
10 Hudson Yards
New York, NY 10001
Alternatively, you can contact our external Data Protection Officer - Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL:
- BY EMAIL: Attn: Data Protection Officer – tapestry.DPO@twobirds.com
- Attn: Data Protection Officer- Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL
Avenue Louise 235 box 1, 1050
If you are located in the EEA, you can contact the EU representative:
- Coach Stores Limited Ireland
- BY EMAIL: email@example.com
- BY POST: 70 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland
If you are located in the UK, you can contact the UK representative:
- Coach Stores Limited
- BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BY POST: the Legal Department, Brunel Building level 7, 2 Canalside Walk, London W2 1DG, United Kingdom
our website and other online services.
of purposes as set out below. cookies (or other similar technologies) can be placed on our website by us or
third-party partners we engage for our purposes.
Third-party cookies may also be deployed on our behalf on third-party websites (e.g. to measure the
is required by applicable law. in any case, you may opt-out from cookies at any time by changing your
settings accordingly. however, as a consequence of your opt-out, certain functions, portions or features of
website may cease working or may prevent you from fully benefiting of our online services.
A. Categories of cookies
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. these are known as session cookies. others remain
device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. these are known as persistent cookies and these
enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. the main categories of cookies we use
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around
the website and use
its features, and ensuring the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our
without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be
cookies don't gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect
information about how
visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error
messages from web
pages. these cookies may collect the ip address of the device used to access the site. all information
collect is used to improve how a website works and the user experience. by using our websites you agree
that we can
place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser
see "how to manage your cookies" section below)
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our website and
allows the website
to remember choices you make (such as your user name). they may also be used to provide services you
such as watching a video. the information these cookies collect may include your ip address, but the
cookie does not
contain your name, address, account details, etc. and they do not track your browsing activity across
websites. by using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device,
however you can
block these cookies using your browser settings (please see "how to manage your cookies" section below).
- Targeting/Marketing cookies: These cookies make marketing and advertising content more relevant
to you. we or a
third party advertising network that we work with may collect information relating to your browsing
interests to deliver relevant advertising to you. the advertisement network partner may use marketing
pixels or similar technologies to collect usage, navigational or other statistical data about your
activities on our
websites and mobile applications and other websites and apps (such as web pages you visit, ads you click
on) and use
this information to make predictions about your interests and provide you targeted advertising based
interests. these parties may also use this information to limit the number of times you see the same
on our websites or mobile applications and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
to learn more
about your options and how to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please see "opting-out of
advertising" under "how to manage your cookies?" below.
- Personalization cookies: Cookies may also be used on our website to personalize your shopping
experience and enable
you to use certain function (such as "add to wishlist" or "save") to conduct internal testing on what
works best for
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete
visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the
Internet for other independent information on
- Enable basic functioning of our website or to fix any technical issues through gathering relevant
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content);
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information
or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart, billing address to save
effort when you next return to our website or shop with us);
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads
third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
- Learn more about your preferences and internet browsing tastes to provide you with tailored advertising
certainly don't want to hear from us about something you are not interested in).
C. How to manage your cookies?
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept
you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through
browser settings. your browser's ‘help' function will tell you how to do this. if you do not want the
cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies at
please remember that cookies are often
used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. if you choose to switch certain cookies off, it
likely to affect the user experience.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: For more information about interest-based advertising
your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioral ads from participating third-party
companies, please visit the links below:
Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking
still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads
be targeted based on behavioral information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your
To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser's instructions
information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you
opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser's saved
you will need to opt-out again.
practices as required by the california consumer privacy act of 2018 ("ccpa") and california law.
A. Who and what information is subject to the CCPA?
The CCPA protects california residents as "consumers" with respect to their personal information, although a
of exceptions apply. as a result, the supplemental ccpa disclosures and relevant ccpa rights subsections
not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority,
federal, state or local laws, investigations, cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal
collection or use of de-identified information.
B. Supplemental CCPA Disclosures
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept
cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do
this through your browser settings. Your browser's ‘help' function will tell you how to do this. If you do
not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html.
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. if you
choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect the user experience.
C. CCPA Rights
California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Opt-out of Sale: California residents have the right to opt-out of our "sales" of their personal information. to exercise this right, email us at email@example.com with "California request to opt-out" in the subject line, or use the contact details in section 7 of this privacy notice above.
- In addition, to opt out from the sale of your personal information collected by targeting cookies, update your cookie preferences by clicking the "manage cookies" link below, and toggle the button from "active" to "inactive". please note that when you opt out of targeting cookies, you may see less relevant ads on other sites.
- Right to Know: California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about them specifically. to submit a request to exercise this right to know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "California request to know", or use the contact details in section 7 of this privacy notice above. please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
- Right to Delete: California residents have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about them. to submit a request to delete personal information, please email us at email@example.com with "California request to delete" in the subject line, or use the contact details in section 7 of this privacy notice above. please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all of your personal information as required by the CCPA.
- Right Not to be Discriminated Against: you may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA in violation of cal. civ. code § 1798.125.
- Financial Incentives: from time to time we offer consumers who provide their email address, phone number and/or zip code to us for the purposes of receiving our marketing communications, free shipping, or sometimes a discount on an order. consumers may opt in by entering their information when prompted upon first visiting our website. consumers may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in such communications. consumers may also exercise their rights at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. the financial incentive is permitted under the ccpa because it is not discriminatory in nature—it does not deny consumers their rights under the CCPA or discriminate against consumers who may have exercised their rights under the CCPA.
If you submit a request to exercise your CCPA rights, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- the authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the secretary of state of California; and
- you sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
- mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to coach privacy office; 10 Hudson Yards New York, NY10001; and
- provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. the information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including ip addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. for more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
D. Shine the Light Law
California residents are entitled once per year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with your full name, email address, and postal address in your message. in response to your request, we will provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.