product information and care
at kate spade new york, we believe in all of our products and hope you are as delighted with them as we are. take a peek at our global product warranties below. if you have any questions, please contact our regional centers below to answer any questions! if you will be visiting your local kate spade new york store for assistance, please bring the original proof of purchase.
|united states & firstname.lastname@example.org|
|the middle email@example.com|
|uk & firstname.lastname@example.org|
don't see your country listed here? please contact us via email email@example.com.
*unfortunately, we are unable to assist with purchases made from non authorized retailers.
*we're sorry! we cannot offer these accommodations in brazil. for inquiries, please contact our kate spade south america office.
*we're sorry! we cannot offer these accommodations in china. for inquiries, please contact our kate spade china office.
HANDBAGS, BABY BAGS AND WALLETS
enjoy a one year warranty on our handbags, baby bags, and small goods. for any manufacturing defects within this timeframe, repairs are on us (our apologies!). we invite you to bring your handbag back to one of our shops (click here for store locations). if you do not have a shop near you, please contact customer service team in your region. if you choose to contact customer service via e-mail, please include:
- the style number (can be found on the white tag inside the product)
- photos of the item clearly showing the problem
- a copy of the proof of purchase (original receipt, pack slip, or credit card statement)
all of our apparel is seasonal, and we provide you with extra buttons or beads in case any go missing (be sure to keep them safely stored!). due to the delicate nature of our designs, we are unable to repair damage caused by regular wear and tear. however, for any manufacturing defects within one year of purchase, please contact the shop (click here for store locations) where you purchased the item and we will be happy to assist you. please have your original proof of purchase when you call, email or stop by.
we are unable to repair damage caused by regular wear and tear. however, if your recent footwear purchase has a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, please contact the shop (click here for store locations) where you purchased the item and we will be happy to assist you. please have your original proof of purchase when you call, email or stop by.
we offer a one year warranty on all of our jewelry for damage caused by manufacturing defects. please contact the shop where you purchased the item and we will be happy to assist you. due to the delicate nature of our pieces, it’s best to store jewelry in their dust bags. please have your original proof of purchase when you call, email or stop by.
kate spade new york timepiece is warranted to you, the original consumer, by kate spade new york to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase.
in north america:
enjoy a two year a 2-year limited warranty on our timepiece collection. our warranty covers only material and manufacturing defects
- including the hands, dial, and watch movement. if the watch proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge at the discretion of metro service center. a return shipping fee will apply to all warranty service.
- include completed repair form (attached here. please include one form per timepiece and keep a copy for your records).
- include timepiece for repair.
- include copy of proof of purchase or the completed warranty card for all warranty repairs. failure to include proof of purchase or warranty card will result in non-warranty repair costs.
- quotes will be sent via e-mail (when provided) or by telephone when the repair charges exceed $100. (excludes shipping and labor).
- please enclose full payment for repair by credit card, check or money order. check or money order must be made payable to: metro service center.
- we suggest you send your timepiece by insured, traceable means and properly packaged to protect against damage during transit. please be aware that metro service center is not responsible for any impact / shipping damage or lost items that may occur during transit.
- shipping and labor charge is waived in california for repairs covered by the warranty.
- please do not send the product in the original packaging as the packaging will not be returned with the item.
- for questions please contact our customer care representatives at 1.800.842.8621.
- please allow 2-4 weeks from the date we receive your package.
the limited warranty does not cover batteries, case, crystal, straps, gold-plating, scratches or any damages arising from normal wear, accidents, or water damage (unless marked water-resistant.) in addition, it does not cover issues from any alteration, service or repair performed by any party other than a kate spade new york authorized service center.
if the repair is not covered by our warranty, or if your warranty has expired, the service and repair charges are listed on the watch repair form attached here.
kate spade new york tracker is warranted to you, the original consumer, by kate spade new york to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
in north america:
enjoy a two year limited warranty on our tracker collection. our warranty covers only material and manufacturing defects.
to obtain service under this warranty please contact us at:
if we are unable to fix the issue over the phone we will replace.
what is not covered?
- kate spade does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. kate spade is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use.
- periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
- kate spade does not warrant cases or crystals.
- kate spade does not warrant bracelets or straps.
- only rechargeable batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this limited warranty. non-rechargeable batteries are not covered under this limited warranty.
- defects or damages that result from:
- improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks or scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse;
- contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food;
- use of the product for commercial purposes or subjecting the product to abnormal usage or conditions; or
- other acts which are not the fault of kate spade, are excluded from coverage.
- defects or damage that result from the use of non-kate spade branded or certified products, accessories or software or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage.
- products that are not purchased from an authorized kate spade retailer are excluded from coverage.
- product with:
- serial numbers or production date codes or other tracking marks that have been removed, altered or obliterated;
- broken seals or that show evidence of tampering or access by non-authorized dealers or repair centers; are excluded from coverage.
- products that are not purchased from an authorized kate spade retailer are excluded from coverage.
- defects, damages, or the failure of products due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the products is excluded from coverage.
EYEWEAR (BY SAFILO)
in north america: we partner with safilo usa to produce kate spade new york eyewear. we are happy to assist with any manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship, as long as the frame is available. please download the warranty form here, and return the completed paperwork, frames, and a $15.00 processing fee to safilo and they will be happy to evaluate it for you. please note, safilo usa will not assume responsibility for any items they do not have record of receiving, so be sure to use a trackable shipping method. if you have questions, we invite you to email safilo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. also, if damage is caused by regular wear and tear, charges may apply. (no worries though—safilo will contact you for the green light before any work is performed).
for international, please contact your regional customer service center listed above.
BEAUTY, ODDS & ENDS
please contact the shop (click here for store locations) where you purchased the item and we will be happy to assist you. please have your original proof of purchase when you call, email or stop by.
KATE SPADE NEW YORK BY LENOX
in the united states: we partner with lenox to produce kate spade new york fine china, dinnerware, glassware, and select products. if your item is defective, lenox will be happy to replace it for you. we also know that accidents happen, so lenox will replace any broken items that are in-stock for 50% off the current retail price (plus taxes, shipping and handling), good from the date you registered the product. we invite you to contact the lenox consumer service department at 1-800-635-3669 or visit their web site at www.lenox.com for more information.
we offer a one year manufacture defect warranty on frame, spring and cushion (excludes fabric). normal wear and tear or damage from daily use is not warranted—for example, fabrics and leathers may naturally fade or deteriorate over time. these are normal conditions and are not considered manufacturers' defects. please contact us for assistance at 866-999-5283.
every rug is warranted against manufacture defects for one year. we may repair or replace at our discretion without charge. please contact us for assistance at 866-999-5283.
we offer a one year manufacture defect warranty with intended use and proper care. please contact us for assistance at 866-999-5283.
for international, please contact your regonal customer service center listed above.
PRODUCTS OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY
if you need a handbag or small good repair outside of our warranties, we invite you to contact our go-to repair shop in the united states, rago brothers. they restore all kate spade new york handbags, shoes and small goods. please visit their website at www.ragobrothers.com to make arrangements. for other regions, please contact your regional customer service center, or visit the nearest kate spade new york store and we will be happy to help you locate a repair facility.
for questions about merchandise purchased outside of your home country, please refer to our international service policies (click here, for international service policies).
to view size guides, please select one of the following links.
SIZING INFORMATION FOR
product pages with size options also have links to size charts.
FIT - TRUE FIT
know it fits before it ships. answer a few easy questions and get your own personal fit rating & size in less than 60 seconds (and no measuring necessary!). you can access true fit from the product page for women's clothing and shoes. if you already have an account with true fit then your true fit rating and recommended size will automatically show on each product page for clothing and shoes. excludes swim and kids.
for assistance determining your size or to create your true fit account please click here.
a damp cloth and mild soap such as ivory soap or woolite should work to remove most dirt and stains simply by wiping. once the dirt has been lifted, be sure to wipe down the entire bag quickly in order to avoid getting water spots on the fabric. never immerse your fabric handbag in water since it will delaminate the inner lining causing it to pucker. leather trim can also erode when immersed in water.
each fabric used in the design of kate spade handbags is carefully selected for its color, texture, durability, and beauty. please treat these fabrics with care to extend the life of your bag. we recommend warm water and mild soap on a clean cloth for removing most common stains. please be certain to thoroughly test an inconspicuous area prior to actual stain removal to avoid uncontrollable variations in material reaction. evening bags should be treated with extra special care as delicate fabrics should only be cleaned by dry cleaning specialists. never immerse your fabric handbag in water since it will delaminate the inner lining causing it to pucker. leather trim can also erode when immersed in water.
our fabric and straw handbags are considered seasonal and do tend to wear more quickly. please refer to the care tag enclosed to help you keep it in tip-top condition. we suggest stowing your handbag away from direct sunlight and heat, stuffed with tissue and stored in its dust bag when not in use. try to avoid crowding your handbag when it is in storage to help maintain its shape, and to prevent delicate straws from breaking.
the leather used in the design of kate spade handbags is specially chosen from the finest tanneries in italy and asia. most of our leathers have been treated and are water and scratch resistant. should your handbag become wet, wipe gently dry with a soft cloth. for regular cleaning, a damp cloth and mild leather cream may be applied.
always store your footwear away from light and heat and protect them from rain and humidity.
depending on the type of leather, specific sprays or creams can be used but we do not recommend any particular brands. customers should consult a local shoe repair shop or technician. however, most leathers, wiping (without undue pressure) with a dry cloth is sufficient.
suede requires specific sprays to clean and project a soft (suede) brush is enough to eliminate dust or dirt.
kate spade new york watches are made of 100% solid stainless steel. stainless steel is hypoallergenic and a most durable material.
the battery in your kate spade new york watch should last approximately 2 years. when the battery expires, replace it as soon as possible to prevent any malfunction.
HOW TO CHANGE THE BATTERY
your kate spade new york watch may be mailed to:
metro service center
10615 sanden drive
dallas, tx 75238
please use attached form for instructions.
WARRANTYclick here to view the full warranty booklet.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- how can i have my watch repaired?
click here for information and instructions on having your watch repaired.
- how can i replace the battery in my watch?
in order to maintain the original pressure for water resistance, it is recommended that you do not attempt to change the watch battery yourself. doing so may reduce your water resistance and void your warranty. going to an unauthorized watch deal may also void your warranty if changes are made. it is recommended to have your battery changed by metro service center. please use attached form.
- can i adjust my metal watchband?
for all metal bracelets, special tools are required for proper removal of links to avoid damage to the pins that hold the links together. it is recommended that you visit your local jewelry and/or watch store to adjust your bracelet.
- how can i open my bangle watch?
to open, gently press down on the pointed tip of the spade with your finger until it unclasps. alternatively, you can unlock the bracelet by popping it apart with your nail at the bottom of the spade.
for more information on your watch, click here.
for complete wearable tech user guide click here for instructions on pairing/syncing, battery, features, activity tracking, 3rd party integration, sleep tracking, link, account & device settings, warranty & repairs, and privacy.
FINE CHINA CARE
the purpose of fine china is for it to be used and enjoyed. don't ""save"" it for special occasions. make it a part of your everyday life.
- washing: all lenox china is dishwasher safe. when using a dishwasher to wash dishes, load pieces carefully so as not to be dislodged by water action. be sure to use a mild liquid or powder detergent and follow the dishwashing instructions provided by the detergent manufacturer. use a mild wash cycle and always allow pieces to cool before removing. harsh heavy-duty detergents, scouring powders and steel wool are abrasive and should never be used on dinnerware. place a towel or rubber mat on the bottom of the sink to protect pieces.
- storing: when storing fine china, place a divider (i.e. coffee filters, napkins, paper towel) between the plates to prevent the surface from being scratched by the foot of the plate on top. hang cups separately or stack two-by-two.
- china banded with gold or platinum should never be placed in a microwave unless specified on the backstamp ""micro safe by lenox"".
- washing: in order to maintain the appearance of fine crystal, we do not recommend washing crystal in the dishwasher. hand washing crystal in soapy, warm water with a mild detergent is the suggested manner in which to clean crystal. finish with a rinse in warm water and dry with a soft cloth to return crystal to its beauty.
- storing: never store crystal stemware upside down. the lip is the most fragile part and in time will crack and chip from the weight of the bowl and stem. always allow air space around each piece of crystal when it is stored. since glass expands and contracts in hot and cold temperatures, extra air space eliminates the possibility of the crystal breaking because it has expanded and touched another piece.
- crystal items are not intended for serving or storage of hot foods or beverages.
STAINLESS CARE AND USE
stainless flatware is a high quality, maintenance-free flatware.
- polish: silver can be occasionally polished with a reliable liquid or cream polish prepared especially for polishing silver plated product. apply with a soft, damp cloth in lengthwise strokes. do not rub aggressively. use of an abrasive cloth or aggressive rubbing can potentially damage the silver-plate finish. after applying polish, item should be dipped in hot, soapy water, rinsed thoroughly, dried, and wiped with a soft, clean cloth.
SPECIAL MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS
- stains on ceramic from coffee, tea, etc. stains can result from allowing coffee, tea or certain foods to stand on china. if possible, rinse promptly after use. should stains develop, apply a mild abrasive with a sponge or cloth, rubbing gently. as an alternative method, make a solution of one part chlorine bleach to eight parts water. allow stained pieces to soak in solution for approximately one hour, then wash, rinse and dry.
- discoloration of platinum or gold gilding on ceramic (tarnish). tarnish can result from any of several causes: hard water with a high iron and/or manganese content, rust in interior plumbing or dishwasher parts, or contact with chemicals or with chemical fumes in the environment. to remove discoloration on the gilding, a gentle rubbing with a mild abrasive should easily remove surface deposits in a few seconds. excessive rubbing should be avoided. rinse thoroughly.
for more information about care and use of specific lenox products please call 1.800.63.lenox.
wood should be cleaned only with a soft slightly damp cloth.
brass can be cleaned with soft cloth and Brasso if tarnishing occurs.
for best results, vacuum regularly and spot clean with mild soap and cold water; use a rug pad (not included).
- wool tufted: wool is dirt and stain resistant and will look great for a long time just by vacuuming regularly. use only cold water when cleaning wool to avoid shrinkage. if spills occur blot immediately then with mild soap and cold water. do not use oxygen cleaners on your wool rug, and avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading. for best care, periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
- natural: professional cleaning recommended, vacuum regularly to keep dirt from getting trapped in the fibers. do not steam clean or wet as natural fibers are highly absorbent and may cause shrinkage. suction cleaning or dry extraction cleaning is recommended. avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading, and air dry, but do not hang as to not stretch fibers.
all lighting products should be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth or duster. our lighting products should never be sprayed with a cleaning solution or polish. when it is necessary to use a cleaning agent, please apply only a mild detergent to a soft, damp cloth for gentle cleansing. do not use scouring agents, abrasive sponges, hydrochloric acid, vinegar, ammonia, petroleum distillate or metal silicates.
please use a reputable professional cleaning service. caution: use of a water based or detergent based solvent cleaner may cause excessive shrinking. water stains may become permanent and unable to be removed with solvent cleaning agents.