1. dimitri dimitrov is the maitre d’hotel at the tower bar at the iconic sunset tower hotel in los angeles, where you’ll find him presiding over hollywood’s most glamorous six, sometimes seven, nights a week.
3. jeff klein, who owns the hotel, hired him 11 years ago after designer tom ford slipped him dimitri’s name on a coaster during dinner.
4. dimitri is a los angelean by way of macedonia, london and montreal and has worked in the hospitality industry since he was 19.
5. the curved banquette overlooking the hollywood hills is his favorite table in the tower bar.
7. his signature move: a slight bow, palms together in front of his chest.
8. in 2010, klein partnered andy samberg, akiva scaffer and jorma taccone (a.k.a. the lonely island comedy group ) to make a video holiday greeting card
for the hotel…starring dimitri.
9. dimitri appears in more than a handful of the sunset tower hotel playing cards photographed by dewey nicks and illustrated by donald roberston (seen above). shop it here
Filed under: deliberate polish