1. trim the tree. add tinsel.
2. put a twinkle in someone’s eye.
3. treat yourself to a new shade of lipstick
4. sit by a roaring fireplace surrounded by s’mores-in-progress.
5. go ice skating.
6. drink a hot chocolate. (well, more than one.)
7. make your january 1st resolutions. now break them while you have the chance.
8. decide what your favorite champagne cocktail is.
10. organize dinner with old friends.
12. fill your apartment with fresh flowers.
15. leave a little sparkle wherever you go.
16. make a new playlist of re-mixed holiday tunes.
17. master your mom’s mashed potato recipe.
19. sneak a kiss under the mistletoe.
20. see the lighting of the christmas tree at the metropolitan museum. (it’s in the medieval wing.)
21. pick this year’s wrapping paper:
black and white stripe paper with metallic bows…shades of pink…shade of metallic…
mixed metallics…matte paper with glitter ribbon…
23. host a cocktail party and don’t even think about cleaning up till the next day.
24. make time for a little dancing during your pre-party prep.
25. take a stroll (or drive) through your favorite neighborhood after dark and enjoy the twinkling lights.
26. dazzle everyone at the office holiday party.
27. go somewhere you can wear a fabulous masquerade ball mask.
28. take the long way home from a party, just to wear your dress
a little bit longer.
30. open one present early. (it’s totally ok.)
31. dance till dawn.
Filed under: deliberate polish