- CITY GUIDES
- DELIBERATE POLISH
- FROM OUR SHOPS
- FROM THE DESK OF DEBORAH LLOYD
- HAND IN HAND
- HAPPY HOUR
- HOT OFF THE PRESS
- HOW TO'S
- IN THE OFFICE
- MUSIC MONDAYS
- ON PURPOSE
- PAINT THE TOWN RED
- PEOPLE TO SEE
- PLACES TO GO
- PLACES TO GO PEOPLE TO SEE
- THE STYLE SPY
- THINGS WE LOVE
- WEDDING BELLES AND WHISTLES
- WHAT'S NEW
new york city has our heart — but we quite often meet interesting and inspiring people, communities and brands in our travels, too, and bring them home with us in one way or another. below is a handy little map of everywhere we’ve been. so far, that is…!
(scroll down for the full list):
1. london, england: ‘60s london inspired our fall 2011 collection; in spring 2012 we opened our first pop up at 7 henrietta street and shot one our favorite little films ever, also called seven henrietta street, with director kinga burza.
2. dublin, ireland: we love the vintage-inspired designs of steamline luggage so much we collaborated on two sleek (and colorful) pieces of luggage for our may 2013 collection as part of a year of things we love.
3. paris, france: we asked parisian illustrator and all-round stylish madamoiselle garance dore to draw the prints in our fall 2012 collection. she said yes, and everyone swooned over the results. tres chic!
4. oslo, norway: design duo tonje holand and ingrid reithaug of darling clementine crafted all the illustrations for the trio of inspiring booklets we made in 2011,titled the guide to living colorfully.
6, 7, 8, & 9. bosnia and herzegovina, kosovo, rwanda and afghanistan: from 2005-2012, our “hand in hand” collections in partnership with women for women international provided local women in each of these countries with critical, sustainable employment opportunities through micro-enterprises. women for women international provided the training in embroidery, knitting, weaving and beadwork; we provided the creative direction. in return, these communities produced some the coziest handmade accessories we’ve ever encountered—from straw totes to friendship bracelets to beaded link necklaces—which we then sold in our shops and online. (stay tuned for what’s up next!)
10. india: the colorful clouds of pigment used in the holi festival, the annual hindu celebration of spring, served as the inspiration for all the colorful smoke in our spring 2013 live colorfully fragrance campaign.
11. australia: in 2012, our year of pattern, we featured australian artist florence broadhurst’s vivid, graphic prints not just once, but twice: we celebrated her japanese florals in our spring collection, as well as an equally unique “steps” print in our fall collection, that broadhurst designed in 1970.
12. hawaii: in our summer 2012 collection, we collaborated with honolulu-born swimwear designer malia mills.
13. napa, california: with the help of esteemed winemaker eileen crane, we crafted a custom blend of sparkling rose to celebrate of our 20th anniversary at the domaine carneros winery. a year of #popfizzclink for a year of #thingswelove
14. los angeles, california: the launch of westward by friends and stylists emily current and merritt elliott in 2011, a capsule collection of bags that married our love of east and west coasts. sequin and leather duffle bag? yes please. earlier in our history, the corner of two fictional cross streets (blossom and lark) provided the backdrop for our 2001 sunglasses campaign.
15. palm springs, california: the inspiration of our june 2013 collection. we love an element of surprise, and it doesn’t get any better than dreamy palm trees, lush golf greens and decadent dwellings appearing out of nowhere in the desert. poolside cocktail, please.
16. rockford, michigan: the headquarters for keds—our spring 2013 collaborators on a frolicking collection of sneakers.
17. miami, florida: the city’s retro art deco architecture and seaside landscape inspired the dec 2012 pattern of the month.
18. mount kisco, new york: the westchester town set the white picket fence scene for our campaign in fall 2001, shot by tierny gueron.
19. new york, new york: our hometown. since day 1, every day in this magnificently energetic city is an inspiration.
20. sao paulo, brazil: 2011 was our year of color, and for six months a bright spot pop up shop — which got a complete color overhaul each month — dazzled and delighted.
Filed under: things we love