spring is in full bloom and there’s nothing that signifies the arrival of lighter, brighter days more than a beautiful bouquet of fresh-cut flowers. inspired by our pattern of the month—florals with a twist—we’ve rounded up the best florists in new york city. so skip your bodega’s finest and dress up your desktop (or even better—send someone a sweet surprise) with an arrangement from one of our favorite petal pushers on the island.
1. belle fleur new york: the go-to florist for fashion editors, tastemakers and style-setters for years, parsons alum meredith waga perez uses her eye for design and detail in each of belle fleur’s gorgeous arrangements with an abundance of blooms and sweet finishing flourishes, like these pretty pink peonies wrapped with a bow. (belle fleur new york, 212.254.8703; bellefleurny.com)
2. banchet flowers: if you’ve ever strolled around nyc’s meatpacking district, chances are you’ve spotted (and lusted after) banchet jiagla’s chic arrangements lining the window of flower bar on gansevoort & washington. using gems from around the globe, the florist specializes in sleek orchid arrangements, as evidenced by these ruby peonies and crisp white phalaenopsis’. (banchet flowers & flower bar, 212.989.1088; banchetflowers.com)
3. b floral: wall-street exec bronwen smith left her job in finance in favor of flowers, opening b floral, a company lauded for a clean and simple approach to its modern, out-of-the-box creations, like these white roses with a twist of lime. (b floral; bfloral.com)
4. l’olivier floral atelier: consider a bouquet from l’oliver the rolls royce of floral arrangements: florist (and author of coffee table tome living art) oliver giugni hails from the south of france and is a favorite among new york city’s fashion, hotel and foodie elite. we love this crisp yet artful mix of white roses and purple freesia. (l’olivier floral atelier, 212.774.7676; lolivier.com)
5. flora new york: based in tribeca, creative director jeff chen specializes in sculptural, asian-inspired creations (like this vivid mix of peonies and orchids) and has helped beautify spaces for a handful of star-studded events in nyc. (flora new york, 212.274.1887; florany.com)
Filed under: deliberate polish