counterfeit merchandise policy
- the craftsmanship of kate spade handbags, as well as the quality materials used for all products, is never paralleled in non-authentic merchandise. specifically, a country of origin label within the bag, as well as a label that is sewn onto the front of the bag, are basic signs of a real kate spade handbag. in addition, you can be confident that your bag is real if it was purchased from an authorized kate spade retailer.
- orders placed on the site are for private individuals and companies who are final buyers. the resale of kate spade products is strictly forbidden by those who plan to sell as a business activity.
- the kate spade trademark is a registered trademark throughout the world. use of the kate spade name without permission is considered counterfeiting and warrants legal action. authentic kate spade products are not sold at "purse parties," flea markets, by street vendors, in new york's chinatown neighborhood or santee alley in los angeles, in kiosks in malls, or on auction sites. if a kate spade product is purchased in any of these places, risk of being defrauded is highly likely. the sale and distribution of counterfeit product is a crime under federal and many state laws, and is punishable by imprisonment and fines. the manufacturers of counterfeit product do not pay taxes, do not pay fair wages or benefits to their employees, frequently utilize child labor, and have been known to fund terrorism and other serious crimes with the profits of counterfeiting.
- please click here to download our counterfeit reporting form. completed documents can be sent via email to email@example.com.
- thank you for your concern regarding this serious matter.